“We write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospection.” (Annais Nin)
Happy New Years Eve! In the spirit of celebrating roads already travelled on this last day of the year here were your favourite posts of the year, my favourite posts of the year, and Mike’s favourite photos from 2011.
Your favourite posts
The most popular posts from this past year (judged by traffic) were all pregnancy related. I guess there’s a reason why so many “mommy blogs” become big deals.
- Ten Great Gifts for Pregnant Women and Thirty Great Gifts for Pregnant Women and New Parents
- Introducing Dominic McKay Wolfe
- Koi Maan Luuk (or “I am pregnant”)
- Push it: Music for labour and delivery
- Ten good things about boys: Attaining synthetic happiness one gender stereotype at a time
My favourite posts
Some of the posts on the list above are near and dear to my heart, as well. But here are five other favorites of mine from the past year.
- A Baby-Shaped Hole In My Heart: In which I write about my growing love for my unborn baby.
- Dear Dad, Love Dominic: In which a three week old Dominic writes a letter to Mike about how he’s sad to be apart on his first father’s day.
- Looking Like Love: A Letter To My Parents: In which I write a letter to my parents about how wonderful it’s been to stay with them for five months over the period of Dominic’s birth.
- T’is The Night Before (A Children’s Story): In which I make lemonade from lemons by turning a string of awful, sleepless nights into a rhyming children’s story.
- More than a brighter shade of happiness: In which I think about joy, happiness, and the fruits of motherhood.
Mike’s favourite photos
I asked Mike to pick five favourite photos but he came back with nine – one for each, long month of pregnancy. So with no further ado, here they are:
Thanks for reading this blog and following along with my (our) story! If you blog, leave a link in the comments section to your own favourite post or two from your blog this year, or let us know how you’ll be celebrating New Years Eve.
I hope 2011’s been a great year for you and that 2012 promises great things.